I have been a student of B.Tech.CS branch. There I feel that syllabus of 1st year needs a change. I couldn’t understand the use of the subjects like Electrical,Physics,Chemistry & Mechanical for a CS student & vice-versa. Infact this is the problem which causes failure of many students or Y.B. If the student abstain from Y.B. in 1st year even then they faces this problem as a burden in next years as back paper of that subject which has no importance for his branch.
The 2nd problem a 1st year student faces is a new environment & a new educational system. So we should give less burden in 1st year .
The 3rd problem is internal exam. With 50% of the total marks in internal exam, student becomes more dependable on teacher which results in bribe to the teacher & using unfair means by student to make percentage.
As a solution of these problems I recommend these advices :-
1. Subjects should be lesser & easier in 1st year.
2. Subjects should be related to his branch. For this unnecessary subjects should be removed & some chapters of 2nd year should be included.
3. An inspirational subject may also be added who guides student in handling exam pressure & learning subjects in a better way etc.
4. The percentage of internal marks should be decreased from 50% to 25%.
5. Passing in internal exam should not be must instead of it agregate percentage in internal & external exam should be used for passing cut-off.